Making our Voices
Does VOTF Seek To Accomplish?
"A seat at the table and complete
financial openness." If there were a parent at the table when decisions
were made to reassign abusive priests, they would not have occurred.
If there were complete financial openness, contributions would not have
been inappropriately used for so long.
At the Parish level:
- A representative (not appointed) Pastoral Council
in every parish
- A Finance Council in every parish reporting to the
- A Safety Committee in every parish to oversee background
checks of personnel slated to work in sensitive positions.
At the Diocesan level:
- A representative (not appointed) Diocesan Council
similar to the Pastoral Council
- Independent financial oversight reporting to the
- A mechanism to monitor compliance with the Council
of Catholic Bishops' charter for the protection of youth and children.